2.) Dramatic and suspenseful
3.) Equitable across ages, genders, nations, walks of life
4.) Entertainment the whole family can watch

What's not to like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Proud luddite
7,235 Posts
I totally agree....I absolutely LOVE Battlebots! My son and I discovered it during the original episodes back when it was on Comedy Central. Lots of fun to watch, we would cheer on our favorite bots....great father/son bonding stuff. Fast forward to now....the boy is about to turn 24 and he still is into the show. We live across the country from each other now but we'll still text and talk about the show. I had to miss tonight's season premier but I'll watch it tomorrow for sure. :)

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Nerds. :lol:

It does look like a fun show. Haven't watched much of it. Guess these skills will come in handy when the gov't puts armies of AI into place and we have to fend for ourselves in the aftermath of the financial collapse and the ensuing post-apocalyptic landscape.

And the robots are cute.

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
I want to start my own local arena for some of the less fortunate kids in the area. Got to work on that plan. Nothing better than building and destroying learning how to improve designs...

·
Proud luddite
7,235 Posts
I want to start my own local arena for some of the less fortunate kids in the area. Got to work on that plan. Nothing better than building and destroying learning how to improve designs...
Great idea! What a way to get underprivileged and at-risk kids interested in engineering and the sciences. Go for it!

·
30 mpdb
1,001 Posts
It was way better when it was on Comedy Central. The last show I saw (on ABC?), it seemed like the majority of it was fluff and little battle. When it was on CC, I recall it being the other way around.

·
Proud luddite
7,235 Posts
It was way better when it was on Comedy Central. The last show I saw (on ABC?), it seemed like the majority of it was fluff and little battle. When it was on CC, I recall it being the other way around.
You are right on target. Definitely a lot more fluff on ABC, compared to the old days. But last season I watched it on delayed broadcast and was able to fast forward over the fluff. The battle segments are just as good as they were before. I think it's worth it, and as the season goes on you'll find a gradually lowering of the fluff-to-action ratio. But don't fast forward over too much of the fluff. The segments with the lady hostess are worth watching. :cool:

·
Proud luddite
7,235 Posts
Holy crud, this is the best season of Battlebots evah!!! Great fights, lots of upsets....LOVE IT!

I signed up for their e-mail alert when next season's tickets become available. I would love to see the tournament in person and the tickets are only $11! My son is up for it too. :)

The weird thing is that the entire tournament takes only 3 days. That would be a lot of action to see in person over a short period of time.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be fun. I have to say I'm not as big a fan of the inclusion of the drones. It seems they're more of a distraction. Though it would be fun to see a separate battlebot dogfight that was for drones only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts