Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hear you theories on Starbuck and God.

I think that Starbuck is either Jesus or God depending on how you define Jesus. She was sent to help guide humans and cylons to resolution.

At the end Baltar says something about God and Caprica 6 said that "He doesn't like to be called that (God)"

Who do you think God is?

·
Integrated Cyclist
95 Posts
Could be that she is an avatar.

Weird conclusion that the projections were actually angels. From a drama standpoint, the ending was great.

From a reason standpoint, why would humanity abandon ALL of it's technology. I mean, even metalworking skills, pottery, etc... It wouldn't happen.

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
It was a satisfactory ending.
They ramped up the tension to ridiculous levels.

Starbuck = angel sent to assist.

She was the "harbinger of death" all right, but for the "bad" cylons.

Remember what Anders said right before they kissed for the last time:
"see you on the other side".

Because she was ALREADY there.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
As someone who rarely would watch the show I thought the ending was okay. I thought the projections were representative of Satan, ie... fallen angels.

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
willtsmith_nwi said:
From a reason standpoint, why would humanity abandon ALL of it's technology. I mean, even metalworking skills, pottery, etc... It wouldn't happen.
kinda like throwing the baby out with the bathwater as wifey said. also where are the ships buried?

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
The fleet was flown into the sun by Sam. Not sure about any of the smaller aircraft.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
TWB8s said:
As someone who rarely would watch the show I thought the ending was okay. I thought the projections were representative of Satan, ie... fallen angels.
That was kind of what I was thinking...Red Dress, Black Suit...Symbolism of the Devil?

The ending was OK, could have been better, could have been worse...the basic premise is "History repeats It's self"...sometimes it takes less time, others more. Even with new beginnings "Human Nature" stays the same...somewhat interesting from a psychological perspective.

They even left it open for a down the road special...with what happend to the Cylons? Did they evolve again? Do they come back and attack? Did their home base survive, or at least some of them? Lots left there to play off of should they desire.

The only problem I have is there wasn't a habitable planet within 1 million light years from their own home planet? Seriously?

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
They had to get far far away......

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
snapdragen said:
They had to get far far away......
Isn't that where Shrek lives? :D

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Wookiebiker said:
Isn't that where Shrek lives? :D
Ah-ha! Shrek ate the remaining aircraft. I love it when everything wraps up in a tidy package. :)

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
So.....will they pattern the rest of history? After a series of Thanksgiving-esque feasts and goodwill gestures toward the "cavepeople" will they ultimately enslave them? As Perry Farrell once sang "They'll make great pets..."

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aliensporebomb said:
She was the "harbinger of death" all right, but for the "bad" cylons.
She could be Eve, turning immortal cylons to mortals. This would qualify as "harbinger of death"

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Finally got around to watching the tivo'd episode. Was the last five minutes really necessary? Did I really need to have the symbolism explained? Yuck.

Pretty fun ending otherwise, tho.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
what an awesome

gang bang at the end

oops that was Battlestar Galacticock

·
Proud luddite
7,230 Posts
That show has never been the same since they kicked out Dirk Benedict and Lorne Green. Of course Lorne Green has never been the same since they kicked him off of Bonanza. Lorne must have been a trouble maker.

·
Rep *****.
9,795 Posts
azpeterb said:
That show has never been the same since they kicked out Dirk Benedict and Lorne Green. Of course Lorne Green has never been the same since they kicked him off of Bonanza. Lorne must have been a trouble maker.
But Dirk was awesome in A-Team!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts