Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
This space for sale
783 Posts
Baum makes really nice bikes. They are located not to far from where the world championships are taking place.
Look forward to seeing your pics.

·
Registered
832 Posts
metanoize said:
Checkout these beautiful examples of the Baum bicycles craftsmanship http://bit.ly/cRttfq

I'll have mine in a week or so, and I'll post pics.
Just to verify, you live in the USA and ordered from Baum in Australia? How may days between when you placed your order and when it shows up at your front door? And, you are getting just the frame, or a whole bike?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@moonmoth I'm in the US. It took a couple of months, one of the reasons: The Baum people were incredibly accommodating of my repeated geometry changes. Only Darren Baum welds the bikes which I think makes the bikes ultra special.

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
"We'll be more than happy to talk with anyone about ideas and budgets for their next bike, and encourage anyone who needs firm figures or options for any of our bikes to contact us."
http://baumcycles.com/pricing.html

·
Registered
662 Posts
Prices were taken off like 2 years ago, the only option is to call. What i have noticed in the pictures is that almost all he had pictured is Titanium. Anyhow, the guys works pretty good, like his designs, racing stuff.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i read in an edition of Ride (australian cycling magazine) that the price of the Dura-Ace custom titanium cyclocross rig (without discs), was $13K AUD ($14 USD)

which compared to my Seven, which is basically the same thing at $10K SGD ($8K USD), is extremely expensive. I know you are buying handmade, but when compared to other handmade...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Beautiful bikes some of the nicest Ti frames available for sure. Though, I think their classic solid graphics look 10x better than those racey GTR/GTX/GTH etc themed graphics or whatever they are calling it, and the painted seatposts/stems aren't my thing. I do love the way they paint the inside of the fork legs. They have done some beautiful matte paint work too.

I recall hearing the Corretto ( Ti race model where every tube is butted) is in the vicinity of 6500-7000 for the frameset, but who knows if those prices are out-of-date, or gone up since Cadel became a Baum customer!

I agree they are expensive, maybe a bit too expensive. I don't doubt for a second that there are lots of Ti builders doing work that is on par with Baum. I think Baum has a knack for putting together the full package—not only the craftsmanship in the metal work and welding but also the paint schemes (and thankfully they don't let their customers mud up work with their own concoctions for cheesy paint schemes—no flames or tacky stuff like that!).

Perfect frame/paint:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.