Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from So Cal and riding some of their trails that go along the river. To me they seemed pretty cool because suprizingly few people were using them and they almost always avoid having to use the road at road intersections. Do we have anything like that in the Bay Area? The only trail I've ridden has been Iron Horse and it felt like there were too many children, people walking their dogs, etc. to really hammer it on a road bike. Plus with all the stops I may as well ride a country road.

·
Registered
222 Posts
None of the MUT's are really all that great to 'hammer' it on as there is a speed limit of 15mph on most of these along with quite a bit of oblivious foot traffic. You have to get to the more remote MUT's to have less people, but then again the speed limit is still 15 mph. Check google maps and mapmyride searches and East Bay Regional Parks website but the only one that I know in the area that you might be able to 'hammer' on is the Arroyo bike trail where it parallels Concannon in Livermore. Or there's another one in Pleasanton that loops around the south side of the fairgrounds. There's a lot more MUT's out there, just wouldn't recommend using many of them for anything other than a recovery ride. There's so many relatively good rides in the area (Mines, Morgan Territory or Cull Canyon come to mind) that I wouldn't use MUTs except trying to cut though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.