Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 240s-Campy-compatible hubs, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether I need the Park FR-5G or the BBT-5. It's not clear to me as indicated on parktool.com

I'd appreciate in advance some input.

Also, I'm switching over from a Record to Chorus cassette, and the rear hub indicates "12/13 tooth cog" - will an 11-23 cassette NOT fit on this?? That doesn't seem right...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
604 Posts
For a Campagnolo cassette you will need a Park BBT-5. This tool will work on the cassette locking ring and on the Campagnolo bottom bracket cups (if you use a Campy BB)

Does the HUB say "12/13 tooth" or the LOCKRING? The included lockring should be for 12/13 tooth cassettes, if you want to use an 11tooth Campagnolo cassette then the cassette will include the lockring.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Lockrings are smaller for 11 tooth cassettes than for 12 and 13 tooth cassettes, as mentioed by Terry B. They are not interchangable.

Campy do a strange thing with lockrings.

If you buy a cassette starting with a 12 or 13 tooth cog, the cassette will not include a locking.

If you buy a cassette starting with an 11 tooth cog, it will include a lockring.

If you buy a Campagnolo hub it will include a 12 tooth lockring.

Most afermarket hubs do not include a Campag lockring, which means you usually have to pay extra for one. DT Swiss are nice enough to include a lovely CNC aluminum lockring with their Campag rear hubs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.