Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting on some extra long cranks (200~210mm) to better fit my height (6'9"). I'm currently running a set of 175mm cranks, but I'm looking to do a pretty significant change in this area.

I'm primarily concerned w/ the ability of my bike to handle this change, especially when you consider I can't change the BB height. My rough measurements make it look like the height from the ground to the axis of the BB is 27cm. Don't know if this is enough room to put on a crank that's so much longer...any opinions here?

I got on the bike and did notice that it looks like there's enough clearance for my heels, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Is there anything else I've not taken into consideration?

-Thanks, Todd

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just curious, what is your cycling inseam length. I'm 6'4" with a 97.7cm inseam, and I have been curious about some custom cranks as well. There was a big difference going from 175's to 180's. I don't know anyone riding the super long cranks, as they are pretty expensive....

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Contact Zinn. He's the expert on bikes for the tall if there is one. - TF

·
Registered
197 Posts
99cm inseam, those cranks you are looking at will make a huge difference. Primarily when you stand up out of the saddle. That's where I noticed the difference..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts