Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking that 2005 Record cranks will take a 102mm bottom bracket...? Is there a resource somewhere that'll give me BB info for different years of Campy cranks?

Thinking about saving money on a new (old stock) crankset instead of going with the new ultra torque... I figure if I can save a hundred bucks it'll be worth it. :)
 

·
Big is relative
Joined
·
11,887 Posts
ankhaw said:
I'm thinking that 2005 Record cranks will take a 102mm bottom bracket...? Is there a resource somewhere that'll give me BB info for different years of Campy cranks?

Thinking about saving money on a new (old stock) crankset instead of going with the new ultra torque... I figure if I can save a hundred bucks it'll be worth it. :)

102mm for doubles on everything from the late 90's until UT was introduced. Record and Chorus both used 102mm. You can find a used 102 on eBay and you can still find a new one but it will be pricey. If you like the look of an alloy Record crankset (and who wouldn't?), Phil Wood sells a 102mm stainless or titanium bottom bracket that is outstanding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
bigbill said:
102mm for doubles on everything from the late 90's until UT was introduced
only true for record/chorus. the lower end stuff stuck with 111mm right up until UT. i have a centaur carbon square taper crank from ~2006 and i promise you it takes a 111mm.

best reference for spindle length is the tech docs at campagnolo.com (tech-info / spare parts)...goes back as far as '94.
 

·
Big is relative
Joined
·
11,887 Posts
dookie said:
only true for record/chorus. the lower end stuff stuck with 111mm right up until UT. i have a centaur carbon square taper crank from ~2006 and i promise you it takes a 111mm.
The OP was asking about a 2005 Record crank. I assumed he wanted to know about Record cranks. Record cranks take a 102, so do Chorus.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top