Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm riding a 55cm Kelly bone stock which i love
Ok, this creaking began about 3 weeks ago. At 1st i was able to deduct that it was coming from the non drive side spinlde of my ISIS BB. In the last coupla days i installed a crankset with an intregrated BB. IN the process of installing everything i cleaned and greased evertthing that requires grease.

Well im riding to work this morning and the f*cking bike began to creak again..on the same side and under the same effort. I dont think ive overlooked anything installing the cranks BB, pedals i mean there wasnt anything left ungreased that would creak....

My question is, could i have a bad BB shell weld or something? Any help at this point would be great..

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,419 Posts
Maybe your creak isn't coming from your cranks, pedals or BB. It's really common to be absolutely certain a sound is coming from one place, but wind up fixing it by doing something to a totally other part of the bike.

If you do a search on creaking in the Wrenching or Frames forums you will find a lot of good advice for hunting down your creak.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
June bugs.

These posts start every year in June. New bikes get a few miles on them and the old bikes a few more since the last major tune up. The advice boils down to:

Replace nothing

Take apart, grease, and put back together a longer list of things than any one person can come up with.

Turn up the volume on your headphones.

·
n00bsauce
13,627 Posts
It's very possible the creak is coming from another part of the bike. Like others have said, check everything else. However, I've had good luck eliminating creaks from BB areas by using teflon tape instead of grease on the BB threads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.