Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am currently using BB30 adaptors for my ultegera 6800 on my felt f75 Would using a bottom bracket change anything??? I was taking a look at the praxis one but idk

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I put a Wheels MFG. outboard BB on my November BB30 frame Last year. 7000 miles later and still happy. No squeaks, creaks or other issues. My next bike will have a Wheels BB on it from the start.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hey guys,
I am currently using BB30 adaptors for my ultegera 6800 on my felt f75 Would using a bottom bracket change anything??? I was taking a look at the praxis one but idk
What adapters now? The black wheels mfg? If you have no problems with the current setup, I see no reason to change it until you need new bb30 bearings. With no chain, you can give it a good inspection for play and smoothness.
It won't hurt anything to install the new praxis bb30 adapter, but why fix something that is not broken?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What adapters now? The black wheels mfg? If you have no problems with the current setup, I see no reason to change it until you need new bb30 bearings. With no chain, you can give it a good inspection for play and smoothness.
It won't hurt anything to install the new praxis bb30 adapter, but why fix something that is not broken?
Yeah I'm using those adaptors. When I was spining the crank without the chain before the build it sounded decent. I guess I'll use the adaptors till the bearing start creaking. Thanks for the help

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,567 Posts
Yeah I'm using those adaptors. When I was spining the crank without the chain before the build it sounded decent. I guess I'll use the adaptors till the bearing start creaking. Thanks for the help

The bearings won't creak, the adapters will. Clean 'em, grease 'em and put 'em back in. When the bearings wear out they'll click. They may make some funky noises in the frame, mostly clicks.

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
When I was spining the crank without the chain before the build it sounded decent.
Sound is only part of the equation, and squeaks and clicks probably won't appear when turning the crank with no load. When you take the chain off you should turn the crank slowly with your fingers near the crank axle. That will all you to feel any binding, grittiness, rumbles, or loosening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.