Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I have super six evo, cannondale (sram red ) crank.. and I have to put new bearings, I thought it was easy to remove the bearings inside the cup, but its impossible, I need to remove the cup, cause the bearings are too tight, do you have the same problem?

thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
finaly, we cant use the same cup twice.. ****!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Were the cups installed with Loctite? Seems to be pretty common way folks are doing it these days and it takes heat to remove the bearings once installed with this stuff.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, but anyway.. I spoke with my cannondale lbs and we can not use the same cup

·
LA CHEVRE
2,475 Posts
Why can't you use the same cup? A LBS wants to sell you new parts obviously, so take that with a grain of salt.
I think the SRAM PF30 assemblies are meant to be replaced as a single unit, when the bearings need to be replaced, you put new PF30 cups with included bearings. That's what the Evo manual states, haven't looked at the SRAM PF30 manual... but I think the bearings are pressed in those cups more or less permanently. This year though, Cannondale are using alloy cups instead of the SRAM composite cups with bearings in the Evo. I'm guessing the alloy cups can stay in the frame and you just change the bearings...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.