Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to install my Campy BB86 adapter cups into a carbon frameset. The Campy installation video on youtube shows a dry installation. I have also heard complaints about creaking and using Loctite 641 usually solves that.

So...how did you install your cups...dry, with Loctite or did you use something else?

Thanks!
 

·
Get me to In&Out
Joined
·
4,775 Posts
I just did this in my Ridley and was fretting over the very same thing. My Noah had carbon inserts in the frame, so I decided to use Carbon Paste with zero problems. If you have aluminum inserts in the bottom bracket shell, you might consider Loctite, but honestly I would do it dry and see how the results go. What frame are you putting them in? It looked from my research that Cannondales had issues with the creaking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a Scott CR1, the bottom bracket is carbon. I put it together last night and used some Loctite 641. That is what Cervelo recommends for securing their BBrright bottom brackets, and from what I understand, is what Cannondale also recommends. Loctite 641 is a retaining compound, not a thread locker like most people think. I had to order it from an industrial supply house.

I plan to ride it tomorrow, so we will see how it goes. Interestingly, the bb86 cups inserted pretty easily into the frameset. I could press them most of the way in with my hands. Just had to use a press for the last little bit.

Thanks for the response.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top