Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

BCD of Dura-Ace 10mm pitch track cranks?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  baxter 
#1 ·
Anyone know? I'm selling a 10mm pitch crankset on eBay and didn't have the answer for someone who asked me. It seems that americancyclery.com sells them and they list the BCD as 144 but I held them up to my crankset that I'm sure is 144 and the Dura-Ace seemed much smaller...

#4 ·
Girl Anachronism said:
Where exactly do I measure from? The outside/middle/inside edge of the bolt? I'm not very accurate with my tape measure...
Well, BCD = Bolt Circle Diameter. For the chainring bolts (the ones that hold the chainring to the crank). Measured center to center. In mm or cm/10. If it has 5 chainring bolts (likely), measure from center of the crank bolt hole (the big one, for the bolt that holds the crank on the bottom bracket spindle) to center of a chainring bolt hole and double it or multiply by 2. You could also verify by measuring from the center of one chainring bolt hole to the center of the next one, and using one of the various conversion tables found on the internet. Simple, huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.