Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, anyone still watching Better Call Saul...?

the new season is underway and looks like Chuck has put Jimmie between a rock and a hard place...

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I love that show. Haven't watched the third episode of Season 3 yet, but the first two were so good. Chuck's manipulative ways have finally destroyed the last vestige of Jimmy's brotherly devotion, it appears.

Will Saul Goodman be born by the end of this season? It seems like it has to happen soon, but I said that all through the last season, and Jimmy is still Jimmy.

·
Proud luddite
7,223 Posts
We haven't watched the 3rd episode yet but we are not at all impressed by the first two episodes. Like the entire series to date, it is painfully slow. I mean really.....several scenes in each episode drag on WAYYYYY too long. I know, I know...because it's a prequel they have to take things slowly before the show catches up where "Breaking Bad" began, but it's getting to be a drag, to the point where we might stop watching it. I'm getting the feeling that "Breaking Bad" fans have been suckered into watching BCS, like all of the hype about us finally getting to see Gus Fring in the 2nd episode but he was just "nice Gus" working at Pollos Hermanos and was just in a few scenes....and that was it. Can't wait to see episode 3...maybe it will feature 5 minutes of Gus driving to work and parking his car. Exciting stuff...NOT!

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I guess, azpeterb. I love the pace, the visual sense, all of it. To me, it's better than Breaking Bad.

I just finished reading "War and Peace," so I'm probably conditioned to an introspective pace. ;-)

But not your cup of tea, obviously.

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
agree that the pacing in the first two episodes is a little tedious, but I thought the tempo picked up a little in the third...

Chuck has overstayed his welcome as far as I'm concerned, getting very bored with his 'condition'...but, since he has now put Jimmie in an apparently untenable position, it seems like the morphing into Saul has to happen relatively soon. can't see Saul having any use for Chuck, so perhaps he'll fade out...

and as far as BB goes, I found the first two seasons were creative and interesting...Walter letting Jane die was the most emotional moment of the entire series for me. in that scene, we saw evil overtake the last remnants of 'good' Walt.

after that, the plotline became increasingly less believable...all the scenes in the underground lab were total snoozers and I started caring less and less about the destiny of the principal characters. and the incessant whining of Skyler and Marie made the enamel on my teeth hurt.

the final episode was embarrassingly silly.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm loving BCS. Watched the 3rd episode yesterday. Sometimes the pace is odd, but I think that's mainly because most shows are shot for average American viewers with a 2 second attention span. I like the unusual camera angles - from the inside of the coffee machine, or under the truck driving down the road, etc.

But poor Jimmy! Chuck's after his license to practice law. Seems like this might get really nasty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts