Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"It is an early Carlsbad Masi Gran Criterium (very early... #53, 56cm).
It is Spanish blue and the bike was stolen in Crosby Texas (northeast of
Houston).

The bottom bracket has the serial number, MC53 (this is one of the early
bikes where the "MC" prefix was on the serial number, NOT the frame size) and
all original components.

If you live in the area and see the bike, you can report it to the local
police (The police report is filed with Harris County, Precinct 3, Judge
Parrott, Constable Ken Jones, Deputy Hodges, Case Number: 050831G617) or you can
can contact the owner:

Jeffrey L. Greer
P. O. Box 1896
17006 Pelorus Way
Crosby, TX 77532
Phone: 832-444-9868

Jeff is the original owner and needless to say is very anxious to get this
bike back."

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No details....

No details....first saw the message on the classicrendevous list.

Dave Hickey said:
Ouch...That hurts...My guess is someone knew what they were stealing...

Any details on the theft?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You will not believe this. But my Masi # MC53 has been recovered! It turned up at a pawn shop less than 15 miles from home.

After seven years!

To see a picture, search my name in facebook

Jeff

·
Registered
341 Posts
I really hope the Police can trace the bad guys that did this to you!! Congratulations on getting reunited with your Masi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its not too bad. Front axle needs to be replaced. There are two significant dings on the top tube. Other than that it is in pretty good shape. I'm amazed.

Jeff

·
Boobies!
8,167 Posts
Nice that it found its way back home!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Great to hear! Hope those punk(s)(?) get served their due!!!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Jeff, hope you don't mind me posting the pic of your bike for those that aren't on facebook. Are those tubulars rims? If so, this probably saved the bike from being ridden much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for posting the pic.

They are tubular rims. That and the pedals are about the only parts that aren't original. I still have the original pedals. I'm going to re-install them and some original Campy brake pads up front when I can find them.

The guy that had the bike mangled the front axle. I have bid on an original Record hub and skewer. I hope to win it, it closes tonight.

There are a couple of dings on the top tupe. I'm going to strip the frame and send it to CycleArt this week. While it is stripped, I'm going to re-pack all of the bearings.

I hope to have it back in the best possible shape in a months or so.

The bike and I have been through a lot. Good time and bad. It is hard to believe it will be forth years in 2013.

Jeff

PS. It is hard to believe I used to spin that 52 chainring and small cog. ;(

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Yeah, time flies. It's so cool that you have your Masi after all these years. Super choice back in the day, and one that many riders who know, would love to have it. Happy ending to this story! Be sure to treat us all with some pics when all said and done.

Thanks for posting the pic.

They are tubular rims. That and the pedals are about the only parts that aren't original. I still have the original pedals. I'm going to re-install them and some original Campy brake pads up front when I can find them.

The guy that had the bike mangled the front axle. I have bid on an original Record hub and skewer. I hope to win it, it closes tonight.

There are a couple of dings on the top tupe. I'm going to strip the frame and send it to CycleArt this week. While it is stripped, I'm going to re-pack all of the bearings.

I hope to have it back in the best possible shape in a months or so.

The bike and I have been through a lot. Good time and bad. It is hard to believe it will be forth years in 2013.

Jeff

PS. It is hard to believe I used to spin that 52 chainring and small cog. ;(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts