Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I purchased a Felt Z100 for rec riding but recently started commuting with it. I am using a Topeak beam rack to hold my books and lunch for work. My issue is this: the beam rack keeps shifting and hitting my spokes. I have broken three spokes so far. I have the right rubber pads in the rack and have it as tight as I can get it. I would get another rack for the bike but it lacks the mounts for it so a beam rack is really my only choice. Any suggestions for how to stabilize the rack so it stops moving around?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a Topeak beam rack and it sticks out over my rear tire. How in the world would it hit your spokes? But even clamped on very tight, mine will shift if bumped or when the bike is layed down, so if that is causing a problem I don't see any easy solution.

There are some racks available that clamp onto the frame stays and should work, but you have to be careful not to damage the paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.