Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 year old daughter and I went for a 20 mile ride this morning. Her first of the season... since it was so beautiful I stopped at the park and let her play for a while. Man I'm glad the springlike weather is back for a while.

We cut through our neighborhood:

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Across to Forest Park down by the Zoo:

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At about the halfway point we arrived at the park:

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gracie played around for a while and wore herself out for the ride home:

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She built up a pretty good thirst. Then it was time to go home.

Tell you what, hauling around an extra 30-35 lbs is a great training tool! Especially when home is uphill all the way and there's a headwind going back. I'm so glad she's old enough to enjoy riding. Last season she just tolerated it, now she looks around and helps my out by ringing her Jelly Bell to warn everyone we're coming. She's a pretty good co-pilot.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost forgot. This was my first excursion with the new digital camera. It's a $19.00 throwdown I picked up at Target for Gracie to play with. Super lightweight and small. It's probably comparable to a disposable camera and the software that comes with it is terrible. However, it's nothing I can't fix with Photodraw and The Gimp. Resolution is much better than I expected, however I seem to get a bit of fisheye. For less than $20.00 I guess I can't expect a Hasselblad.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MB1 said:
Be careful out there.
Always! Luckily it's easy for us to hop onto the MUT from the house. Only about 4 miles to the hop on point and our sleepy neighborhood has some decent roads with very little traffic.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
I love taking my daughter to the park. She gets to play and I get to snap pictures of her having a blast. Yours is 2 now... just wait! In a couple more years she'll be able to ride with you on her own bike -- maybe even to the same park. First time out, mine did 11 miles. She was 5 then. Pics are around here somewhere. Very very happy day for the both of us. I have lots of plans for the spring, summer and fall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts