Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I gotta say. I'm really digging the whole bicycle lifestyle. I started last August when it was too hot to really do much. Winter was mainly a way to cement my dependance on the bike by commuting and making it a part of my life. Now, spring is here and I get to reap the true benefits of owning a bicycle.

Hopefully you guys don't get tired of seeing my pics. I just really enjoy being outside, which hasn't been a reality for a long long time. Now that my daughter is a little older, I find myself taking her along too. She really seems to enjoy it, as you've seen from some of my past photos. We find ourselves looking for excuses to go spend time outside. Today we picked up a kite for around a dollar and hit the trail. Rode along until we found a good spot and let her rip! She enjoys commuting by bike as much as I do. Every time we go somewhere she runs to her room and grabs her helmet. Today she actually cried when she thought we were going to drive!

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She actually controlled the kite much better than I thought she would. Maybe I had so much trouble because I was just a dumb boy. I was probably 6 before I understood that I couldn't let go. At a little over 2 years old, she's already got that down.

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After about an 30 minutes of flying the kite, it was time to go home. Man, I'm so glad she likes riding with me. It allows me for bonding time that I would otherwise miss out on.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Fantastic

That one on one time will really pay off as she grows older I think. You guys will have quite the bond. Even better that both of you enjoy it so much. Keep posting, it'll be fun to watch her grow up through the pics over the years.

·
Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
Great Kite Report! OTHER DADS TAKE NOTE!

There have been a lot of questions about how to get kids to go with bikin' dads.

Chris' ride was about his daughter. She wasn't just baggage on a training ride. Little kids have short attention spans. He keeps it fun and interesting for her and each positive experience reinforces her good feelings about the bike (and obviously her dad too!)

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Good Stuff

As a "daddy's girl" I have to say the bonding time now will pay off later. I love spending time with my Dad and we have a lot of common interests. Cycling was always a part of my family life and we still love it (sometimes with 8 or more bikes and at least 3 trailers). Last summer my Dad and I took an awesome cycling/camping trip and we are doing it again this year.
Oh, and I love the picts. please keep them coming!:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.