Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and I sent my babysitter (daughter) away to college a few weeks ago. The only riding I'm doing is during the week for my commute. No riding on the weekends for me. :(

·
Frog Whisperer
40,888 Posts
hitting the brakes.............wait.......you sent one off to college and you still need a babysitter?????? nice planning.....

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Touch0Gray said:
hitting the brakes.............wait.......you sent one off to college and you still need a babysitter?????? nice planning.....
It won't be long until we're comfortable leaving the triplets alone. They're 10 and we have started leaving them for short intervals like when we walk the dogs, but I don't think they're ready to be alone while I'm on a ride for hours. I just keep picturing Lord of the Flies.

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CdaleNut said:
you can get a new babysitter.........friends.........family members........neighbors ??

oh and btw FURST !!!!
Part of the reason my wife works weekends is so one of us is home with the kids all week, so we actually don't really know any babysitters and our kids are old enough that we probably won't go to the trouble to find a sitter. Our older daughter was actually a babysitter for the neighborhood. It's like a cycle and most of the kids in the 'hood now are younger than our 10-year-olds. When we moved here are older daughter was one of the youngest.

Family, yes, sometimes we get family to help. I like to not abuse that privilege and would rather save it for when we really need it, but we do have family that will watch them every once in a while so I can ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts