Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Figured it was time for a proper intro. I've been getting back into cycling after an 8 year or so hiatus. I started off with a MTB, and Im trying to toss my first fixie for 'round the town together. Its an old schwinn traveler frame that I got for $5. As it sits now, its got a new paint job, and is awaiting wet-sanding and compounding. I'm prolly going to go with IRO hubs and open pros, although some of the velocity wheels look tempting.
I'll try to toss some photos up later.

Regards,
Steve

·
soy un perdedor
839 Posts
Welcome

It's hard to beat open pros and those IRO hubs are nice! Good luck on the paintjob. Stripping and paint prep is one of my least favorite activities. Don't forget the pics. :cool:

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Welcome to RBR. At least you're starting out right and coming to the Lounge instead of starting out with all the weirdos in PO ;).
Cheers, Wayne

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Welcome to RBR. At least you're starting out right and coming to the Lounge instead of starting out with all the weirdos in PO ;).
Cheers, Wayne

Don't be inciting us weirdos from PO now....we're friendly and cuddly..kinda like little teddy bears.

To the OP, welcome aboard.:)

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Great to have you. It is a nice crew here... everything from helpful substantive knowledge on all things cycling and fitness related to good friendly banter and lively political arguing. Welcome, welcome.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
physasst said:
Don't be inciting us weirdos from PO now....we're friendly and cuddly..kinda like little teddy bears.
with teeth.........:eek:

·
gazing from the shadows
27,208 Posts
Why are you people not engaging in ritual hazing?

moreons.

No pie for you!

(welcome, in other words)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hehe. Thanks !
I will say this....I see myself headed down a dark alley here. Everytime I sign onto RBR I laugh my ass off and have the strange desire to have a beer....hrmm...
I got some pics of the fixie today, but the scanner is being a tool. Hopefully my friend will be down with his digi tomorrow.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
actually, Wayne, I think we should warn the OP about you and Snap, since you are both the nice ones around here.

It is the punks that dominat.:D

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Steve-H said:
Hehe. Thanks !
I will say this....I see myself headed down a dark alley here. Everytime I sign onto RBR I laugh my ass off and have the strange desire to have a beer....hrmm...
I got some pics of the fixie today, but the scanner is being a tool. Hopefully my friend will be down with his digi tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Just run if you feel anyone try to grab and say his name is HaccaHaiku.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
aha, nothing fooling the entire lot of you...our plan is working snap ;)

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
lousylegs said:
Just run if you feel anyone try to grab and say his name is HaccaHaiku.
ura moreon.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
wayneanneli said:
aha, nothing fooling the entire lot of you...our plan is working snap ;)
Today The Lounge, tomorrow - THE WORLD! !:D

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
So Steve.

Ya married?

Kids?

Like girls?

Want a boyfriend?

Need a puppy or two?

Ever wear pantyhose?

·
Spin Diesel
257 Posts
Well I'm pretty new to the lounge myself

so I figure I might take a stab at the questions and save you guys another thread :p

snapdragen said:

Ya married? No

Kids? None that I'm aware of

Like girls? Why yes, yes I do

Want a boyfriend? :mad:

Need a puppy or two? Well, according to the folks over in the General Discussion forum I apparently hate dogs so no

Ever wear pantyhose? Who doesn't? :p

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
snapdragen said:
So Steve.

Ya married?

Kids?

Like girls?

Want a boyfriend?

Need a puppy or two?