Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here frequent the beginnertriathlete.com forum? If so, is it just me or are they overly sensitive on their forum? If you disagree with someone, joke about what someone is espousing, or call someone on a dumb statement, you're message is quickly deleted and you are barred from the thread.

Often at road*************** when someone says something others disagree with, posters start debating while giving each other a good natured hard time. I'd say 70% of messages at roadbikereview.com would be silenced on beginnertriathlete.com, the site of censorship. Roadbikereview.com is a much more light hearted, informative, free speech forum. A better site.

Sorry, just wanted to see if its just me.

Marc

· Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
I've never been to beginnertriathlete.com, but different sites have different criteria for what is considered an acceptable post. Many posts in lounge section would not be allowed in the beginner area of this forum.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good example.

iliveonnitro said:
Sorry, opinions are not allowed. You message will be deleted in 3....2....

:)
See that's exactly what I like about this site. The latest example at beginnertriathlete.com is that a police officer posted a message regarding personal safety while running. He then went on to mention how he carries a .32 caliber pistol while running. This got me thinking about carrying a small knife with me. I then found that I could be arrested for carrying a concealed weapon in my state if I carry a small knife. So I posted a message expressing my disgust with laws such as this. I doubt that would seem unreasonable at roadbikereview.com, however, chances are very good I'll, once again, be censored at beginnertriathlete.com for being provocative or seemingly argumentative. Now I just post there for the heck of it to see what happens.

Anyway, no big deal....just paying a compliment to the more reasonable and tolerant, slightly politically incorrect roadbikereview.com

Marc

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
You sound like the sort of person who should be banned for life, on this forum...(You troublemaker)

Triathletes are the lowest form of bottom feeding scum, whoever threw their sissy leg over a top tube.....What else would you expect from ilk like that.

· Registered
5,270 Posts
mcdelroy said:
[C]hances are very good I'll, once again, be censored at beginnertriathlete.com for being provocative or seemingly argumentative.
Have you ever sought treatment for your persecution complex?

If you've had posts deleted in the past, it seems like you have trouble following the community standards of that website. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other message boards out there. Or you could start your own.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pretender said:
Have you ever sought treatment for your persecution complex?

If you've had posts deleted in the past, it seems like you have trouble following the community standards of that website. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other message boards out there. Or you could start your own.
LOL! That's precisely the type of post they would censor! I don't feeling like sitting through therapy. I'm just going to drink instead.

Marc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.