Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a solid beginner tool-set? I've come across a variety, generic, Park, etc. I'd like the set I buy to include the tools I'll need for most minor repair/maintenance jobs with good enough quality that they won't have to be replaced. After I get this set I'll just buy additional tools as needed.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
No kit

jmc0816 said:
Any recommendations for a solid beginner tool-set? I've come across a variety, generic, Park, etc. I'd like the set I buy to include the tools I'll need for most minor repair/maintenance jobs with good enough quality that they won't have to be replaced. After I get this set I'll just buy additional tools as needed.
Don't buy a tool kit. Buy only what you need for what you want to do. In most cases, the only bike-specific tools you need are for the cassette lock ring, the BB, a spoke wrench, and a chain whip. The rest (allen wrenches, screwdrivers, metric wrenches, torque wrench perhaps) are best bought at Sears or other regular "tool store."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.