Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(if you missed it, new baby girl arrived Monday night)

Been snuggling with my new girl and I forgot how much work being a newborn:

She can't seem to figure out passive breathing (every breath is work unless she is deep sleeping). She freaks out any time her hands come along and does this little shake. She has to cry to get anything (though she barely does). I come along every once in a while, rip off her diaper, grab her legs and whip her all around while scrubbing her butt. No matter how loud she screams, I don't stop until she is clean. Then there is the cord cleaning, she hates that. People stop by and want to see tiny fingers and toes and all she wants to do is be bundled up!

That's a lot to go through when you think about it. Who knows what the nurses do when they take her for a bath. They don't seem to have any empathy!

But man, oh man, do I absolutely love this girl.

·
The Cube
1,113 Posts
Congratulations. Tell any would be gawkers that if they want to come see the new offspring, they have to bring food for the parents, preferrably freezable.

Creak, you forgot to list this type of thread on your "Quick Questions" rant.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
24601 said:
Isn't it wonderful? Nothing beats being a parent. Difficult as can be sometimes, but worth it. I'm happy for you, but where are teh pixxors?!

I never had a baby girl, but with 3 grand kids on the way in Sept. (1 set of twins) I'll likely get one.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
my son liked being swaddled for a couple of days. then he said, eff this shiznit. i want to be able to move my arms and legs finally.

·
Clear Lake, TX
3,269 Posts
24601 said:
Posted one the other night but she was messy. Here is a better one.
I remember the first one.
You've done well. She's a cutie.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
tomk96 said:
my son liked being swaddled for a couple of days. then he said, eff this shiznit. i want to be able to move my arms and legs finally.

When my son was a newbie, he was a frickin Houdini at getting out of the swaddling. Swaddle him up as tight as you can, turn your back, and 30 seconds later, there was an arm waving around. It was sort of comical except that he didn't know what to do with it once he got it free.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It is hard work, but cherish it, my "new born"

24601 said:
(if you missed it, new baby girl arrived Monday night)

Been snuggling with my new girl and I forgot how much work being a newborn:

She can't seem to figure out passive breathing (every breath is work unless she is deep sleeping). She freaks out any time her hands come along and does this little shake. She has to cry to get anything (though she barely does). I come along every once in a while, rip off her diaper, grab her legs and whip her all around while scrubbing her butt. No matter how loud she screams, I don't stop until she is clean. Then there is the cord cleaning, she hates that. People stop by and want to see tiny fingers and toes and all she wants to do is be bundled up!

That's a lot to go through when you think about it. Who knows what the nurses do when they take her for a bath. They don't seem to have any empathy!

just turned 18.

Cute baby, daughters are great!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh, my other daughter is 10 and I miss not spending more time with her when she was an infant. My son, who is 12, got even less attention as I was still in college and working full time.

I'm gonna make this one, the last one, really count.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Congratulations on the new baby. I love them when they are little. The total adoration and love that is there is amazing. I think it is the pure innocence that is the key. My youngest is now 9 and the oldest is now 18. I miss when they were young the most. Now as they grow it seems they need us less and less.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts