Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing a 'race day only' set of tires on my well used cr-420 wheelset. I never use levers on the install but got lazy taking the old tires off and used them. When I was replacing the rim tape I noticed that there were a couple sections of the brake surface that were bent. This has happened during crashes on other wheels in the past so I knew to straighten them gently with a wide set of pliers.

My question: Does anyone have similar experiences with the cr-420 rims bending so easily? It's all straight now but I'm worried about running high pressure on my Veloflex's. The wheels have about 9k miles on them but the brake surface seems to be in good shape.

Thanks

· Registered
357 Posts
Mine fell over the other day while I was changing tires and hit the coffee table, putting a small dent in the side of the rim. I was surprised to see how malleable the rims are, but I guess anything aluminum that light is going to be pop can fragile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.