Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have previously bent my rear derallieur on my old bike and noticed it by it clicking when it rubbed on the spokes in my lowest gear. Yesterday, when I was in my lowest gear and out of the saddle on climbs, I noticed the clicking and rubbing again, but I was swaying pretty far side to side. When I was pedaling out of the saddle normally with good form, I didn't notice it. It's just when I swayed pretty heavily side to side. Someone suggested that it could be a bent derailleur hanger.

· Registered
21,834 Posts
Possibilities

vivelance6 said:
I have previously bent my rear derallieur on my old bike and noticed it by it clicking when it rubbed on the spokes in my lowest gear. Yesterday, when I was in my lowest gear and out of the saddle on climbs, I noticed the clicking and rubbing again, but I was swaying pretty far side to side. When I was pedaling out of the saddle normally with good form, I didn't notice it. It's just when I swayed pretty heavily side to side. Someone suggested that it could be a bent derailleur hanger.
It could be a bent hanger, a bent derailleur, or just improperly set high limit screw. To check for "bentness" look at the alignment of the pulleys and the cogs. The pulleys should be absolutely vertical to each other and with the cogs. If they are vertical, then it's most likely that you just need to turn that high limit screw in a 1/4 or 1/2 turn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.