Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's hybrid has 700x40's on it and I want to get her some 32's or 35's. They need to be puncture resistant to survive the Chicago city streets/debris. Reflective sidewall would be preferred but not required. Under $40 each is ideal.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Have had good results with Panaracer Urban Max. First set lasted about 2,500 miles before the sidewall began to break down, second set at about 1,500 with plenty of life left. Roll nicely, not overly heavy, durable for my commute on less than ideal roads, canal paths, etc.
Can be found for about $20 a pop at Performance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Panaracer Pasela TG

Another good urban tire is the Panaracer Pasela TG. The "TG" refers to TourGuard, an extra external layer of rubber that gives additional puncture protection.

Bike Nashbar often has these in 28, 32, and 35 widths on sale.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pasela +1

second the Pasela recommendation.i have used the non TG for years and have great luck with them.my favorite all around tire.i have used the 28's and 32's not the 35's.very true to size as well.

Scott

·
So. Calif.
2,861 Posts
The Specialized "Armadillo" and "Armadillo Elite" tires are very puncture resistant.

My son rides 26x1.5 Armadillo Nimbus on his commuter bike in San Francisco, and they are bullet proof. Relatively heavy, though.

The Nimbus is also available in 700-28, 700-35, and 700-38.

Specialized has a bunch of other Armadillo-series tires, read here:
http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqSection.jsp?sid=EquipTires700_Flat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.