Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions needed: I haven't decided on a Crux or a SLATE - What I do know is that I need a Q-Ring, 48-tooth, and I want the bike configured as a 1x. Which model Crux do you suggest I buy to build out this configuration?

·
Registered
760 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question - but not sure you are comparing apples to apples with those two bikes.
The Crux is a proper CX bike, where the Slate is more aimed at the new Adventure/ Gravel bike segment.
The SuperX and CAADX is Cannondale's CX range, the Diverge is Specialized's Adventure bike range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the answer to your question - but not sure you are comparing apples to apples with those two bikes.
The Crux is a proper CX bike, where the Slate is more aimed at the new Adventure/ Gravel bike segment.
The SuperX and CAADX is Cannondale's CX range, the Diverge is Specialized's Adventure bike range.
Duly noted; the question was: Which model Crux ...yadda..yadda 1x config ..best bang for configuration. -I (want) Crux or a SLATE.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Right, so the Slate has absolutely nothing to do with the thread whatsoever, thanks for clarifying - hope someone can help you with an answer on the Crux.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd go expert x1, and swap the ring. BTW, you may want to check the fit of the 48t Q on a crux before you pull the trigger. A 50t Sram NW chainring mounted to a sworks crank w/ a quarq hits the CS on a '15.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.