Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
During the race season both my CX bikes are free from cages. Off season I just put a cheap cage on just in case. Cages get in the way when shouldering the bike.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
blingy blingy

nashbars got the 24kt gold plated <a href="http://www.nashbar.com/results.cfm?brand=5124&init=y">elites</a> on sale right now. way too gawdy for my humble tastes but the bronze plated ones would look hot on my LHT.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
No cages on my cross bikes, bottle goes in the back pocket or in a little backpack on long off road training rides. King stainless for training and King Ti for racing on my road bike. (yes, I have special racing cages... with ti bolts to hold them on of course!).

·
Registered
303 Posts
wunlap togo said:
No cages on my cross bikes, bottle goes in the back pocket or in a little backpack on long off road training rides. King stainless for training and King Ti for racing on my road bike. (yes, I have special racing cages... with ti bolts to hold them on of course!).
Yes, I've been using King cages for a couple of years now (all of my bikes have 1 or 2 mounted).

They hold well (really only a concern for the MTB racing/training/riding I do) and don't mark-up your bottles.

And, King stands behind them....after a couple of years, I ended-up breaking one of my cages on my MTB...a quick email to King...they said just to send it back. They quickly mailed me 2 extra cages.

Considering the number of cages I was going through in a season prior to getting Kings (MTB'ing is really hard on cages), I'm very happy that I finally bought the Kings.

M.

·
lung lacking loser
270 Posts
reklar said:
What cages are you guys using? I've been liking my profile design cages for road use...what else is out there?
Like many here, I took off the cages for racing. I had some dry-mouth during one race from my asthma medicine. I just filled two gel vials with water, one in each end pocket, in case I needed it. Less water than a bottle, but also less weight swinging around on running sections.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cateye cages

Most of the year except for cross season. I run King cages on the road and mountain, but I like the plastic Cateyes on the cross frame because the hold a bottle awesome, are cheap and light, are practically industructable, and if I want to practice shouldering they smoosh up and don't hurt my ribs and back, plus they always go back to their original shape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.