Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Best carbon bottle cages?

52K views 42 replies 34 participants last post by  AvantDale 
#1 ·
Which are currently the best carbon fiber bottle cages out there? Or maybe not carbon...what's good?

#4 ·
there are no "best" carbon cages any more than there are "best" bikes, wheels, helmets, etc... It's pretty subjective.

most carbon cages perform the desired function quite well -- so buy the ones that you like, take a few minutes to install them, end enjoy...

#6 ·
Let's see. A Bontrager XXX Lite is $50. A Bontrager X Lite is $16. The XXX Lite weighs 16 grams. The X Lite weighs 38.

O.K. (pencil in mouth) carry the one, um....yeah. That's about $1.50 a gram

#7 ·
Any feedback on the BONTRAGER Race XXX Lite UD Carbon Bottle Cage? They have a disclaimer that they're only for smaller bottles (591 ml) and not for off-road use, mind you I'm a roadie, but I wonder of a bottle could pop out if I hit a bump or something?

#9 ·
Arundel's are good. I have the PRO cage that Shimano sells, it holds the bottle great and bottle goes in and out easliy and is relatively cheap LOL as far as carbon bottle cages go. Also the Serfas ones are pretty good too

#10 ·
best for the money? or best regardless of price?

best for the money = ebay carbon fiber cages, 2 for $24. every design, even sideloader. in a blind test, you cannot tell the diff between those and $60 cages.

best regardless of price = i dont know, i'm not paying $50 for a freaking water bottle cage.

#11 ·
I know what carbon cage I wouldn't recommend: The Profile Karbon Lite cage. They launched my Polar, Camelback, and Specialized bottles any time I hit even the smallest of bumps on the road, which did NOT endear me to the group that I usually I ride with. They are light and pretty looking, but expensive and ineffective in doing what they're made to do.

I'm now using King Titanium cages. They're practically bombproof, and they work! :D

#16 ·
#19 ·
BikeFixer said:
Arundel's are good. I have the PRO cage that Shimano sells, it holds the bottle great and bottle goes in and out easliy and is relatively cheap LOL as far as carbon bottle cages go. Also the Serfas ones are pretty good too
Glad to hear that, as I just ordered a couple of PRO's from Art's Cyclery at a very nice price. I was leery, since I couldn't find any reviews...
I can't wait! (now if I can find the time to build up the frame they're going on :lol: )

#21 ·
I stumbled across some Bell carbon water bottle cages in the clearance section at my local Wal-Mart. They were originally $29 and were marked down to $19, but when I passed them under the price finder they came up for $1. I figured that they probably weren't as good as true brand name stuff, but it's hard to beat $1. I bought the two that I was able to find, and they have performed their function flawlessly. The ironic thing is that a few weeks later they were re-stocked in the bike section again for $29.

#25 ·
Any one with a bottle in it

Do not run a carbon bottle cage without a bottle in it. These cages have huge surface areas and catch massive amounts of wind. You're better off with a tubular stainless steel cage if you run two cages and one of them is empty most of the time.

Otherwise, get one that's easy to get the bottle in and out of. Static weight doesn't matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.