Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good deals on a garmin 510 or 500? Don't need the bundle, just the head unit.

I looked around really quick, but people here seem to know where to go better than I do.

·
Registered
394 Posts
BikeTiresDirect.com generally has decent prices on the Garmin Edge Units. What really sweetens the deal is the points you get from your purchases, which you can then apply to a future purchase. So if you're going to buy more cycling gear from them anyway, it amounts to a bigger discount. I believe they also offer some bonus points to new customers if you sign up for their email list (which you can then opt-out of later).

·
Man, I'm Awesome
2,175 Posts
You can get the Garmin Edge 500 GPS with Cadence and Heart Rate sensors for $245 from Merlin Cycle.
Thanks for the heads up on the deal. This combined with the $50 rebate from the Garmin blog I'm getting the whole bundle for less than $200. What a deal.

·
Registered
733 Posts
What happened with prices the past few days? I waited for a discount again at PBK and the price increased twice. It's now $317 for the bundle. I see Merlin Cycles is $272 instead of the $245 mentioned above.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This may not help really...but thought I'd share...if your local craigslist is pretty active, you may be able to score a deal. I got a garmin 210 new in box off craigslist (albeit here in Orange County) for $220 cash.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I recently got a 500 (unit only) from PBK for $185 shipped to Canada.

There's a few PBK coupons floating around currently for 10% off that helped. I don't remember off hand, but it was EXTRA10CA or something.

It's en route!

·
Man, I'm Awesome
2,175 Posts
This may not help really...but thought I'd share...if your local craigslist is pretty active, you may be able to score a deal. I got a garmin 210 new in box off craigslist (albeit here in Orange County) for $220 cash.
A 210 for $220? Or do you mean 510? Garmin 210s usullay sell for $129 or less.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Canadians, buy locally at sportchek and use the team assist 20% coupon (google it). Should cost just over $200 plus tax and then you can also get the $50 rebate garmin is currently offering. Total probably comes out to $180 taxes in.

I would imagine ordering from the U.K you will pay tax plus some processing fees. I always get hit with taxes here in canada on anything over $100.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Any good deals on a garmin 510 or 500? Don't need the bundle, just the head unit.<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=1 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no src="http://goo.gl/mNkDb" vspale=0></iframe>

I looked around really quick, but people here seem to know where to go better than I do.
Try amazon or ebay

·
Registered
65 Posts
Canadians, buy locally at sportchek and use the team assist 20% coupon (google it). Should cost just over $200 plus tax and then you can also get the $50 rebate garmin is currently offering. Total probably comes out to $180 taxes in.

I would imagine ordering from the U.K you will pay tax plus some processing fees. I always get hit with taxes here in canada on anything over $100.
Was this for the bundle or just the unit at Sportchek?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.