Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
haven't seen it (the Pee Wee movie I mean)

my vote is for A Sunday in Hell
roadie92 said:
http://www.bicycling.com/news/featured-stories/i-meant-do?page=0,0

So according to Bicycling mag Pee-wee's Big Adventure is the greatest cycling movie ever made. My first thought was WTF?? It was a good movie, but the best I don't think so. My personal favorite is The Flying Scotsman, truly an excellent movie.

Any thoughts/opinions?

·
Custom User Title
359 Posts
"2 Seconds" is a very good movie, lots of cycling and it has a great story as well.
If you get a chance, "Vive Le Tour" is a short film (18 minutes) by Louis Malle that is a must see. Netflix has it as part of a series of early short films by Malle.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hell on Wheels is really good. It follows Erik Zabel.

There's also Overcoming, which is a documentary that followed Team CSC.

And now Chasing Legends is coming out, and I'm really excited for that.

·
Roadbikereview member
192 Posts
Watched a 1930's movie "6 Day Bike Racer" a couple of weeks ago on TCM. Slapstick kind of movie a little corny but fun to watch and had a bicycle theme.

·
classiquesklassieker
3,106 Posts
roadie92 said:
http://www.bicycling.com/news/featured-stories/i-meant-do?page=0,0

So according to Bicycling mag Pee-wee's Big Adventure is the greatest cycling movie ever made. My first thought was WTF?? It was a good movie, but the best I don't think so. My personal favorite is The Flying Scotsman, truly an excellent movie.

Any thoughts/opinions?
Le Velo de Ghislain Lambert, available on Amazon.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
  1. A Sunday in Hell
  2. La Course en Tete
  3. Pour Un Maillot Jaune
  4. Bicycle Thieves (Oscar Nominated)
  5. Breaking Away (5 Oscar Nominations, 1 Oscar)
  6. The Road to Roubaix
  7. The Greatest Show on Earth
  8. .....
  9. ........
  10. .........
  11. .........
  12. ..........
  13. ..............
  14. ..........
  15. PWBA

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll add "Breaking Away" - great road bike movie

(edit- posted at the same time as the above 'list')

·
Registered
738 Posts
My wife and I watched American Flyers the other night. I've always thought that was a fun movie. My wife thought it was cheesy (especially the music) but still enjoyed it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
TimV said:
My wife and I watched American Flyers the other night. I've always thought that was a fun movie. My wife thought it was cheesy (especially the music) but still enjoyed it.
+1. It was never long in the theatres (around 2wks here). I remember renting the video as a teen and watching it with a friend at her place. Of course her Dad happens to check in on us during the 10 sec scene where they're jumping into the sack.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I saw it in the theatre when it came through. Mostly a Lance vehicle but the footage was pretty awesome. Any reviews of the RAAM movie Bicycle Dreams?

·
BT, wishing you ride safe
333 Posts
American Flyers is a very early (78?) Kevin Coster movie where he plays wanna be past the prime pro who encourages his unfocused younger brother to push himself to the limit as a cyclist. I enjoyed it. Nice to know Kevin was young once.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
orange_julius said:
Le Velo de Ghislain Lambert, available on Amazon.
I just watched it a week ago. I recommend it.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts