Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I travel often, when home I'll be on the bike, but on the road I'm forced to run.

Any advice which way to go here? I've checked out the Polar CS600 for (not much there for running) and the Garmin Forerunner 405 (light on the cycling side). Are there any others out there you would recommend for my situation?

Thanks for the help.

· your text here
13,203 Posts
i have the forerunner 305. what are you looking for that the 405 doesnt have? i think all it doesnt have is wattage and TRUE elevation.
you can configure the screen to show 4 things. i have mine at time, speed, HR, distance. i think you can even set it up so you have two screens to view. if so, you get 8 things to view. plus the cadence kit is cheap and doesnt require much to set up.

· Registered
108 Posts
+1 on the Forerunner 305, as well as the pipe insulation.

I also still have a wireless Trek Incite 8i on my ride, so sometimes, I'll set up my Garmin to show HR, distance, and riding time, and have my Incite show current speed and time of day. Almost as good as this...

· Registered
127 Posts
+2 for the Polar 720i. I use mine for Road, MTB, Hiking, running, XC skiing and XC roller skiing. It sure is nice to be able to have it all in one unit and then download for review. I think Polar is also working on adapting/developing a GPS unit into their systems.

I also use the cadence on my watch for my road bike.
Happy shopping...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.