Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Can you be more specific?

promtber said:
What have you seen that is good?

What kind of video are you talking about?

Race videos, such as the Tour de France or one of the Spring classics? My favorite Tour video is the 2003 Tour; my favorite Spring Classic video is the 2001 Paris-Roubaix.

Or, documentary videos, such as Pro or the Hard Road? I haven't seen some of the classics, such as Sunday in Hell or one of the most recent ones, Overcoming. But, my favorite of the ones I have seen is Hell on Wheels, which follows Erik Zabel and Rolf Aldag in the 2003 Tour.

Or, training videos, such as Spinervals or the CTS series? I am partial to the Spinervals series. My current favorite is Spienrvals 13.0 (Tough Love). But, Spinervals 26.0, which should be released later this Spring, surely will be my favorite -- I am one of the 26 or 27 crazy people who participated in the filming of it -- a 5.5 hour simulation of a century on a trainer.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Maybe?

He said "What have you seen that is good?" Maybe he was just asking the general question. You know, like "Movies - what have you seen that is good?" or "Food - have have you eaten that you like?" :)

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just really looking for any cycling movies traning all the way to documentaries. Just something to watch when on the trainer to get me going.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Variety is good

promtber said:
Just really looking for any cycling movies traning all the way to documentaries. Just something to watch when on the trainer to get me going.
If I don't have someone like Coach Troy barking orders at me, I just slack off on the trainer. So, I usually use one of the Spinervals DVDs on the trainer. The race dvds are good for when I just want to spin and not work too hard. I find that a nice warm-weather dvd, like one from one of the Grand Tours makes me feel good when it is cold and rainy (or snowing) outside. I like the documentaries, but I don't find them very helpful for time on the trainer.

The LBS I go to lends DVDs to regular customers. Although I own all of the Tour DVDs from the last seven years and a smattering of other race and Spinervals DVDs, being able to borrow DVDs is a great benefit. For example, I doubt that I would watch a documentary such as Hell on Wheels more than once or twice and at $29.95, that is a stiff price. I also swap DVDs with friends.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,400 Posts
"A Sunday in Hell"
Retro, but still true.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Documentaries: The Impossible Hour and A Sunday in Hell (the best Paris-Roubaix by far).

Races: The Ardennes (Fleche and Liege) classics are my favorites. The terrain is more interesting and picturesque than that in the Flandrian classics, the exception being Tour of Flanders. Paris-Roubaix is kind of boring if you ask me- too many flat, straight farm roads. If you want one P-R video, get '94, the year Tschmil and Muuseuw went head -to-head. I don't own any of the Italian classics but they're on my list.

I just ordered Stars and Watercariers, La Course en Tete, and The Greatest Show on Earth. They should come today, and I'll report on them soon.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Overcoming is the best documentary I've seen. I think I own all the ones available at WorldCycling and VeloGear. I really enjoyed it. If you don't mind seeing nasty wipeouts then Crash was fun as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts