Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked.....then looked some more and nothing is jumping out at me as a decent deal.

Anyone know where to get Ultegra 10 speed 6600 cassettes for a good deal?I have to buy two of these things so any info on where to find them for a reasonable price is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to find a good deal...

Sorry, but Shimano has been really really good at keeping their prices in check lately, and this means basically the same prices at most of the mail order houses as well as at at a shop. I just bought one at the LBS for about what I would have paid mail order anyway, I figure give them my business since there's no way I was gonna get that "killer deal." So the way I see you have that option plus two others:

wait for a nashbar or performance coupon, I haven't seen current ones, but this site is usually good at finding them:
http://www.bikewebsite.com/Otherbikesources.htm#Coupons

-or-

if you want to, you could save some cash by going for the new 105 ten speed cassettes, for example, at Excelsports.com the typical Ultegra gear ratios are 72.95, and the 105 cassettes are 59.95, usually I go for 105 on my spare wheel b/c I figure it's sitting there most of the time anyway or getting wet on rain rides.

hope this helps

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That stinks

I guess that explains why EVERYONE has them listed as the same price.Sucks because they don't offer a gear ratio in 105 I can use.I'm in florida a cog with a 25t is useless.

Really sucks because I am throwing away a Dura Ace cassette.I don't mind the ultegra.For the price it seems the only way to go.I wear the cassette/chain out fairly frequently so I guess I am just S.O.L and will have to throw down nearly $70 for a cassette a few times a year.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Try Total Cycling

R.Rice said:
I guess that explains why EVERYONE has them listed as the same price.Sucks because they don't offer a gear ratio in 105 I can use.I'm in florida a cog with a 25t is useless.

Really sucks because I am throwing away a Dura Ace cassette.I don't mind the ultegra.For the price it seems the only way to go.I wear the cassette/chain out fairly frequently so I guess I am just S.O.L and will have to throw down nearly $70 for a cassette a few times a year.
Shimano doesn't control pricing as well in Europe. www.totalcycling.com is usually a good choice. There are also some German sites that sometimes have good deals ( www.bikediscount.de ) If you buy a few at a time shipping becomes less of an issue. You should be able to get the Ultegra 10sp cassettes for around $50 each with shipping if you buy a few at a time.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the heads up.Their prices on 6600 cassettes at totalcycling is pretty good.Their DuraAce pricing is almost $60 cheaper than here in the states. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts