Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best rim for Specialized Renegade 1.8" 2Bliss tires?

I tried the previous/ original Stan's Arch wheel and it was an exercise in futility trying to stretch it onto the rim.

What is a good 32 hole fairly light, but strong disc rim. I assume that a 21mm or 23mm internal width is best for the 1.8" tire. I will be using this for a disc gravel/ CX build.

Also, should a look for a UST or TCS rim to work best with the Specialized 2Bliss bead to set up tubeless?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I built a set of Arch MK 28 hole for my gravel bike. I'm running WTB Riddler 45c which measured 1.8. Pretty happy with them. Running about 32 psi. Make sure you have clearance.
I miss the EX seriers of Stans rims. I like wideness of the MK but they are not as verticly stiff as the EX rims. About 21mm internal is about as wide as "road" rims go. MTB rim wok fine but you need to check what max pressure is if you go to a more road oriented tire. I also have a set of Pacenti TL28 rims. Kurt said I could run them as high 75psi which was perfect for my 28c Conti 4000 tires which I run at 62psi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.