• uvex boss race

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • lazer genesis race

Votes: 8 6.7%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Short legs spinnin' fast
256 Posts
If you get the chance I'd try out a Louis Garneau. I've got the Titan Carbon (only because my wife got 50% off when she bought it for me) and love it. The Garneaus fit my head better and were more comfortable than any other helmet I'd tried. I guess what I'm saying is don't limit your options to the above and the big, popular boys. Just find what seems to work best for your head.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Intended to buy the Atmos, but the Pneumo fit better so I bought it. The Pneumo and Ionos fit very similarly for me, but I wasn't going to pay over 200 dead presidents for a helmet. For some reason, the Atmos doesn't fit the same as the other two. Can't imagine any helmet being that much better performing than the Pneumo.

·
Hup, Hup
392 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else, fit is number one when it comes to a helmet. Definitely try them all on (if possible). I currently use a Sweep R and I have tried on the Lazer Genesis as well with great results from both of them.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tried the Bell and the Giros today. The sweep is way more comfortable than the Atmos or the Ionos. other than the Specialized i wont be able to try the others before i buy. Bell's retention system feels superior to the rocklock.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The Flash said:
I have a big head (24") and the best fit order for me is....

1. Sweep
1.a LAS Squalo
2. Pneumo
3. Atmos
I've got a big head too.. I currently weat a Squalo, which replaced a Pneumo. Didn't like the fit of the Atmos. Haven't tried the Sweep. I really like the Squalo. :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
helmets and sunglasses

one thing i do not like about my current giro is my sunglasses rest on the retention system over my ears. this causes me to adjust them frequently, anyone have input as to which helmets have the least interference with shades? thanks

·
Registered
638 Posts
I just ordered my atmos. I couldnt really see a priceworthy dif. between that and the ionos. The bell sweepR was really nice but didnt fit my head as well. The specialized sworks looks great but I couldnt find them anywhere to try on.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
one thing i do not like about my current giro is my sunglasses rest on the retention system over my ears. this causes me to adjust them frequently, anyone have input as to which helmets have the least interference with shades?
Someone here mentioned it was a problem with them with their S-Works helmet:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=124511

·
Registered
758 Posts
Terex and Flash,
I was very interested in the Squalo as well. It fits me maybe a slight bit better than the Pneumo. But that scull cap look'n pad/liner looked hot. How does it work for you?

·
Folsom City Blues...
7,386 Posts
Gimme Shoulder said:
Intended to buy the Atmos, but the Pneumo fit better so I bought it. The Pneumo and Ionos fit very similarly for me, but I wasn't going to pay over 200 dead presidents for a helmet. For some reason, the Atmos doesn't fit the same as the other two. Can't imagine any helmet being that much better performing than the Pneumo.
+1 I got two of them and love'em...

Peace :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just Wear It

I really liked the fit of my new Limar 969 but only got to wear it a few times before I crashed. Even though it split down the middle it saved me from any head injury. I did a head plant at 17 mph after flying over my handlebars. The force of the impact caused compression fractures with two of my vertebrae. I can only imagine what would have happened to my head with a cheap helmet or none at all. The lesson is WEAR YOUR HELMET.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.