Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone guide me on a good insole with proper arch support for my cycling shoes? My current pair just doesn't have the kind of arch support I need. Thank you!

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
I have been using Sidas Conform'able insoles for the past couple of years. The model I am using is the Bike+ Flashfit. The "Flashfit" means that they can be custom formed using an oven of some sorts, but they are also designed in a way to form to the foot under regular usage. When I got them a couple years ago they were only being marketed as self-form under usage.

www.sidas.com

·
Registered
778 Posts
I like the Specialized Body Geometry Insoles. Since I have relatively flat feet, I use the red-colored insoles.

·
Dr. Flats a lot
740 Posts
Bill Peterson

Man is a wizard and invented the game. If you're near AZ or RI you're in luck.
A custom set of footbeds from him are the best you can do.

·
Banned
7,744 Posts
CoffeeBean2 said:
I like the Specialized Body Geometry Insoles. Since I have relatively flat feet, I use the red-colored insoles.
I now use Specialized's body geometry insoles in all of my shoes. They've eliminated my plantar fasciitis problem. I use the green insoles (high arch).

·
Registered
8 Posts
zoikz said:
Man is a wizard and invented the game. If you're near AZ or RI you're in luck.
A custom set of footbeds from him are the best you can do.

+1. The man is amazing. Wedofeet.com

Well worth the money.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I have some Sidi Genius 6 (or 5)? with the heel cup thing to keep your foot snug. Normal width, but Sidis seem to run narrow.

I had tried fitting both Sole insoles and the Specialized insoles in them, but they didn't fit. Now it seems I've been told that you need to trim the insoles (any add in ones) to fit them. Okay.

I have narrow feet and a medium level arch, was right in the middle on the Specialized pad.

I'm trying to decide between a few different insoles and weigh the feedback. I know everyone's foot is different, so this might be like trying to ask about saddles on the internet.

What color are you using in the Superfeet? Yellow seems to be the new grey and cycling specific?

Do any of you really love the Soles?

And some of you seem to like the esoles. Never seen those in person.

Seems like people like all different types, but just trying to gather some info as I might have to end up ordering them off the internet.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
www.yoursole.com -- I love mine.

These are heat moldable--- pop them in a 200 degree F oven for about 2 minutes, pop them in your shoe, then your feet, and then it will mold to your feet.

·
So. Calif.
2,800 Posts
Another vote for ...

Specialized Body Geometry insoles/footbeds. I'm using the footbeds in Sidi Genius 6.6 shoes.

Before, I didn't know, "what I didn't know".

The Specialized footbeds are all around more comfortable and supportive than the stock Sidi insoles. I have mildly flat feet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
tednugent said:
www.yoursole.com -- I love mine.

These are heat moldable--- pop them in a 200 degree F oven for about 2 minutes, pop them in your shoe, then your feet, and then it will mold to your feet.

These sound like they'd work for me. After heating them up and putting them in your shoes did you stand in them or ride in them?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The Soles look pretty interesting.

I used the black Superfeet inserts on my road shoes and my toes went numb after an hour. They work fine in my mountain ones...but not in my road shoes.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
anvil78 said:
These sound like they'd work for me. After heating them up and putting them in your shoes did you stand in them or ride in them?

Thanks
I stood in them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Really want to try the thin Soles for the bike shoes. I use the regular ones for my everyday shoes which are skate shoes and it is amazing how much better my legs, feet and back feel after being on my feet all day. One of my main photo gigs is shooting concerts on cement floors, running all over the venue from 5pm-3am shooting with no breaks. I had the stock insoles in the shoes and my legs hurt badly for 3 days and it was difficult to sleep with the leg pain.

I also use the Soles in my mountaineering boots and snowboard boots with the same above results.

I have a very high arch and am always on the balls of my feet when walking, and these are the best insoles that I have had, even better than a few orthotics that I have tried.

HIGHLY recommended.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Who would have thought mass produced insoles would cost $50 and up. Most of the money looks like it went into the snazzy graphics on the fabric cover, the actual insole probably costs less than $1 to make. Gotta love this stuff!

I use miracle foot insoles 2 oz. from walmart the green ones....they don't make these anymore, but luckly I bought 10 pairs for $5 a pair. They completely got rid of my hotspots. The newer blue miracle foot insoles are cheap and feel horrible.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts