Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunatly have to use an integratedset on my frame. The cheap fsa headset that is in it know is crap. I want to upgrade but I honestly haven't heard anything about who makes the best integrated headset (if that's possible). Anyone have any they like?

· Registered
8,000 Posts
joey1 said:
I unfortunatly have to use an integratedset on my frame. The cheap fsa headset that is in it know is crap. I want to upgrade but I honestly haven't heard anything about who makes the best integrated headset (if that's possible). Anyone have any they like?
The nicer cane Creek and FSA are fine. They all are very close. Just buy a mid-level or higher HS.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
joey1 said:
That's the problem. I have an FSA Orbit (mid-level) and it's junk.
What's worng with it?
The bearings are average and the cups are fine. So buy some better repalcement bearings. I have the ORBIT IS CARBON HEADSET and it's great. Now I am using it with TOKEN Ceramic bearings.

It's the only IS HS form FSA bascially.

Try a Cane Creek then:
Cane Creek 110-IS Integrated Headset

Cane Creek IS8 Integrated Headset

HOPE nows makes a IS model. Not many choices with IS HS.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
joey1 said:
Bearings are shot. I mean I have ridden in 365 through rain, snow, sleet, heat, etc... But after about 15k miles it's shot.
15,000 miles in those condtions and your complaining? :rolleyes:
New bearings are $8.00 each

That's a lot of miles for a IS in those condtions.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my CK headset would have lasted a lot longer. Not really complaigning, I know that for being a $25 headset it did a good job. I just want something that will hold up for longer than a year and a half.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
joey1 said:
Well my CK headset would have lasted a lot longer. Not really complaigning, I know that for being a $25 headset it did a good job. I just want something that will hold up for longer than a year and a half.
Nothing IS will last as long as a KING.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.