Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commute to and from work everyday and enjoy listening to my IPOD while riding in the bike lane. I just discovered a new ear bud speaker that is perfect for bikers. The speaker fits over your ear and has a new technology that allows you to hear the music while also still being able to hear cars, horns, traffic, sirens, voices, etc. I feel MUCH safer while riding with these ear phone / speakers and I still get to enjoy the music from my IPOD.

They are called Air Drives. They are only now available at some stores, and I believe you can find them at www.airdrives.com. They are perfect for bikers - both road and mountain.

bikerneil

·
Registered
868 Posts
Like you I cycle with my IPOD and would love to try these. The only problem is I wear eye glasses and I find the wrap around your ear is not conducive to wearing glasses. I now wear one bud in my ear and keep the other free to hear the traffic etc. If Airdrives would design something for us glasses wearing people I would love to try them. BTW I am glad they work for you, they look great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Call me nuts but wearing any type of earbud, headphone, speaker, on or around the ear while riding/commuting is extremely dangerous. That being said...it is nice to have your tunes with you while you ride. If you don't mind offending the person next to you in traffic by blaring your Yanni mp3 you can check out this product:

http://www.ihomeaudio.com/products.asp?product_id=10186&dept_id=1007

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.