Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting a new record 10 chain on a friends bike. He is convinced he needs a removable link. I have never used one so I am clueless. I always just use the fixed link. So what is the best master link for a record 10 chain.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
info...

KMC makes a special link for the Campy chain, Forster makes the superlink in a Campy specific model and the SRAM 10 powerlock will fit, put it's not so easy to remove. The Wipperman connex link has the best design, but the fit is sloppy.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will look into the KMC link first. I have seen the Wipperman link before, and I remeber there being issues with the Campy variant.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I don't quite understand how "superlink" can work well on both 10 and 11 spd chains.

I use Wipperman with no problems - and they are truly "hand removable" unlike some others, but confusion could occur because there is no longer a "Campy" Wipperman chain. All their 10 speed chains are now 5.9mm, since Campy and everyone else dropped their original 6.2mm width in favor of the Shimano standard. The older chains & connectors may still be around, but the 5.9mm width works better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
$$$

Yeti,
I'm sure that would work fine, I use a version of the Forster superlink on a Campy 10s. But $15 for a quick link connector.....holy crap.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Forster Superlink 3 @ $6.95

Part #0338-10
green package
6.15 mm for Campagnolo 10s

lickbike.com

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
velodog said:
Forster Superlink 3 @ $6.95

Part #0338-10
green package
6.15 mm for Campagnolo 10s

lickbike.com
like I said, that's the old Campy chain size, would not use on a 5.9mm chain.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually I was reading on this site those Superlinks pretty much suck. They're noisy apparently. I had not seen that silver one before. The ones I had saw before were black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts