Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Image 10

Votes: 13 14.6%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm about to splurge on a custom frame as soon as I sell my Litespeed Tuscany's, and I want some inspiration. I want to see that bike you have spent sleepless nights on. The one you debated color schemes, what parts would match best, and where to find that perfect shade of bar tape. You know what I mean, so what have you got?

I want to see them all, but I'm into panel paint jobs, metal frames (Ti especially), and traditional geometry. Let's see 'em. Here's one of my favorites I've found online so far.

The next nine people to post an image will have their pictures voted on in the poll. Please put a big number next to your image (starting with number 2) so everyone knows what their voting on. Let's hope you guys post something good.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
For some reason, I can't post pictures from work, but my roadie is a Gios (Gios blue) with silver Campy components and white saddle and white tape. It's my fav.

I really liked Andy Hamsten's bike that he had on Outside Magazine a few months ago, a ti frame with leather tape and a matching brown saddle.

·
Dr. Flats a lot
742 Posts
Mine and my favorite

I totally love my Ridley Helium. SRAM Force kit and Reynolds wheels. If I ain't fast, I can't blame the bike. Weighs in around 16.5# with an XL frame. Top shelf pro tour ride. But it is all carbon. Luckily I have not laid it out and use my alum Ridley for crits and training. I hear you on the Ti. If I was to be building my ultimate it would be in Ti. Lynskey would have to be it. There's one frame I saw in red with white panels that looked awesome.
http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/a/pages/products/finishing-options/premier-paint.php
For the build kit, toss-up between SRAM Red and Campy C-Record for me. I've had such a great experience with SRAM I'd probably go with the Red. Makes wheel selection easier too. Likewise on Reynolds for the wheels. Their KOM wheels are super buff. And so long as it is the ultimate, a SRAM/SRM powermeter crank. If you want to go fast you need to tap into that engine.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kestreljr said:

BMC Pro Machine. I love the industrial look of it. Some people (esp. on this board) appreciate bikes for the beauty of the bike. I see bikes as a tool for racing, and thus, the "tool" aspects of this bike are perfect for my taste.

Though obviously not really my style, I have to say that is a nice looking bike. It might not look beautiful, but it looks fast and down to business.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FTR said:
I would post but it is not finished to the standard I have in my minds eye yet.
A couple of more weeks and I would have been all over this but alas it is not ready for this yet. :(
This thread will still be around. Don't forget to post up when you're done, as I'm sure we'd all love to see it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.