Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/17/sportsline/main1326143_page2.shtml

U.S. champion Johnny Weir, who fell out of medal contention with a cautious program filled with errors, stormed out of the rink when his mediocre marks were shown. He finished fifth. "I missed the bus. They changed the schedule," Weir said. "It was every 10 minutes. Today it was every half-hour. I was late getting here and never caught up. I never felt comfortable in this building. I didn't feel my inner peace, I didn't feel my aura. Inside I was black."

·
Registered
141 Posts
Funny that this self declared bad boy of skating is such a f'ing pansy. From his own website....

"My second number was "Unchained Melody" and just as I began to skate, it started to snow. It was so beautiful. I could glimpse the city lights twinkling from outside Central Park, catching snowflakes on my eyelashes as I spun and I just felt so good, and it was so gorgeous"

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/journal.html

Yep, your the original rebel there Johnny.....

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
What the hell?

Why are you player-hating on Johnny Weir? He threw a rod in the long program, but he was still the most amazing athlete at the games. Those quad-throwing skater-nators can't hold his jock.

Any scoring system that values those stupid jumps over the beautiful stuff he was doing is unholy and wrong.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Why are you player-hating on Johnny Weir? He threw a rod in the long program, but he was still the most amazing athlete at the games. Those quad-throwing skater-nators can't hold his jock.

Any scoring system that values those stupid jumps over the beautiful stuff he was doing is unholy and wrong.
did you see that mofos sit spin thing when he was in his swan outfit? that was freakin amazing.

G

·
Alex-in-Evanston said:

He should take up curling..................................

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
He threw a rod in the long program, but he was still the most amazing athlete at the games.
You said rod.

BTW, does a guy gain or lose points for sporting wood in the long program? That's what yer talking bout, right? A guy in my high school threw a rod in the hall outside Spanish class between third and fourth period after making out with his girlfriend. He never lived that down. I can't imagine how embarrassing it must be to do the same thing on international television. Jeebus.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Christ, no.

mickey-mac said:
You said rod.

BTW, does a guy gain or lose points for sporting wood in the long program? That's what yer talking bout, right? A guy in my high school threw a rod in the hall outside Spanish class between third and fourth period after making out with his girlfriend. He never lived that down. I can't imagine how embarrassing it must be to do the same thing on international television. Jeebus.
It's a Blued Brothers reference, it means to collapse or fall apart.

Maybe it's just a Chicago thing. I'll confine my use to 312, 847 and 708. Thanks for the tip.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
It's a Blued Brothers reference, it means to collapse or fall apart.
Aren't the Blued Brothers those guys who shave their noggins, paint themselves blue, and act like spazzes? I dint know they were from Chee-kago.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Hold on

mickey-mac said:
Aren't the Blued Brothers those guys who shave their noggins, paint themselves blue, and act like spazzes? I dint know they were from Chee-kago.
I'm googling "throw a rod" to see if it's you or me who's the provincial dweeb.

Scheit. It's me.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
I'm googling "throw a rod" to see if it's you or me who's the provincial dweeb.

Scheit. It's me.
Throw a rod: That would be an engine term--from when a piston head either comes loose from the rod (that moves it up and down) or the big-end of the rod comes off the crankshaft. Typically when you throw a rod it'll bust a hole in the engine cases, ruining it but good. But you probably got this when you Googled it.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
SkidMarx said:
Funny that this self declared bad boy of skating is such a f'ing pansy. From his own website....

"My second number was "Unchained Melody" and just as I began to skate, it started to snow. It was so beautiful. I could glimpse the city lights twinkling from outside Central Park, catching snowflakes on my eyelashes as I spun and I just felt so good, and it was so gorgeous"

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/journal.html

Yep, your the original rebel there Johnny.....
I can't believe you're suprised that a figure skater is a pansy. I mean, REALLY.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
Throw a rod: That would be an engine term--from when a piston head either comes loose from the rod (that moves it up and down) or the big-end of the rod comes off the crankshaft. Typically when you throw a rod it'll bust a hole in the engine cases, ruining it but good. But you probably got this when you Googled it.
Heh, heh . . . you said rod three times.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Alex, it's not you.

The Blues Brothers are worldwide. And Johnny Weir would have earned a lot of respect from me if he had replaced his diatribe with, "I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD."

Speaking of whine, here's hoping Lindsay Jacobellis didn't when she threw a rod and handed the gold to the Swiss racer who was by all accounts about a mile behind her. Someone always has to celebrate before they've actually won...

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
Any sport that has a scoring system that places any emphasis at all on the outfit of the participant should be banned completely.

"Boonen nips McEwan at the line, but the judges have decided the all blue Quick Step kit is too dull and give the stage win to the rider wearing the Aussie champion kit."

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
innergel said:
Any sport that has a scoring system that places any emphasis at all on the outfit of the participant should be banned completely.

"Boonen nips McEwan at the line, but the judges have decided the all blue Quick Step kit is too dull and give the stage win to the rider wearing the Aussie champion kit."
Any sport in which the contestants' clothing is referred to as an "outfit" or "costume" should be banned entirely.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Any sport in which the contestants' clothing is referred to as an "outfit" or "costume" should be banned entirely.
yeah, but even if skaters referred to the outfits as kits it still wouldn't work. The lad from the US is looking positively fabulous in his swan kit.......still I can't fault an event where the women rears are so fine tuned........snap!

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
svend said:
yeah, but even if skaters referred to the outfits as kits it still wouldn't work. The lad from the US is looking positively fabulous in his swan kit.......still I can't fault an event where the women rears are so fine tuned........snap!
Good point on the hindquarters. As far as the kit goes, I especially like the guy the other night who was wearing a "top" that was all ripped up in the back like he'd been attacked by Freddy Krueger. He shoulda put some fake blood or ketchup or something back there just to shake things up a bit.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Good point on the hindquarters. As far as the kit goes, I especially like the guy the other night who was wearing a "top" that was all ripped up in the back like he'd been attacked by Freddy Krueger. He shoulda put some fake blood or ketchup or something back there just to shake things up a bit.
like what we wear is really any better. i bet the guy in the matador outfit last night looked at himself in the mirror and thought "man i look good." the only difference is when i do it im wearing bike shorts with a sock down the front.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
nice svend

and to tie this in with my PO "Jonny chooses to be that way." I'm sure those playing for the other team enjoy the mens posteriors as much as we enjoy the girls. I mean if skating can create a butt on a tiny asian girl like Michelle Kwan than Viva La Skate!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts