Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wish I could have multiple wheelsets, but for this year I'll have one set of tubulars (dt240 with ambrosio crono) and a couple clincher options (ksyrium es or ultegra/open pro).

I have good dry conditions tires for the tubulars and for the clinchers as well as decent tires to use in wetter/looser conditions for the clinchers).

I really like the tubulars and hope to be able to race them in the majority of my races etc.- I've been happy with my tufo dry plus 32s,is anything better on a budget than adding a set of the primus to my options (obviously, my dry plus 32s are unlikely to work in anything remotely wet or off-camber... I've been using them for endurance type gravel races)

thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts
If I only had one set of tubulars it would have FMBs with the racing ralph tread, in a 32mm width. They have enough knobs on the sides to grip well in the wet and in dry loose corners, yet roll startling fast.

If those are a bit too much $$ (about $115 a tire, but will last at least 2 seasons) I would get some Challenege Grifos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts