Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· papa sboak
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16 gram threaded or unthreaded CO2 cartidges

gas-depot.com has some, but don't know anyone that has used them, good prices

cabela's, but one reviewer said he got 2 duds

NEVER had a problem with the Genuine Innovations, but they're pricey wherever I see them.

I like the threaded, but may go unthreaded due to price. I just don't want to carry the "dispenser" with me, I like the small heads that screw onto the threaded ones.

Again, best prices, good product for CO2 cartridges?

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,356 Posts
seany916 said:
16 gram threaded or unthreaded CO2 cartidges

gas-depot.com has some, but don't know anyone that has used them, good prices

cabela's, but one reviewer said he got 2 duds

NEVER had a problem with the Genuine Innovations, but they're pricey wherever I see them.

I like the threaded, but may go unthreaded due to price. I just don't want to carry the "dispenser" with me, I like the small heads that screw onto the threaded ones.

Again, best prices, good product for CO2 cartridges?

Get thee to Walmart, The Evil Empire. You can get a box of 25 cartridges (16g unthreaded) for about 10 bucks, no shipping necessary. Threaded cartridges and guns were invented to force people to pay $3 per cartridge at yer LBS courtesy of QBP.

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
Room 1201 said:
Get thee to Walmart, The Evil Empire. You can get a box of 25 cartridges (16g unthreaded) for about 10 bucks, no shipping necessary. Threaded cartridges and guns were invented to force people to pay $3 per cartridge at yer LBS courtesy of QBP.
You sure? I've never seen any but 12g's at Walmart or any similar outlet. 12g is the standard for pellet guns and most other consumer devices.

Not saying you're wrong, just that I've never seen any evidence of it despite many efforts.

Meanwhile, here's another source. As well as a good alternate use, should you not have poor luck with flats...

http://morebeer.com/view_product/18322/

Of course, a good Barbieri minipump is lighter, never runs out of gas, turns up dud, or freezes the rubber and ruins the tube or frostbites you fingers. And if you believe the extra minute it takes to use a good mini properly matters at all, you've found an interesting world to live in.

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,356 Posts
danl1 said:
You sure? I've never seen any but 12g's at Walmart or any similar outlet. 12g is the standard for pellet guns and most other consumer devices.
WalMart is where I get mine. :)

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Room 1201 said:
The OP specifically asked for threaded.

G

·
Ebay, 50 12-gram for $35 including shipping.

For road side service of most road tires 12 gram canisters will work just fine, I use them all the time.

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,356 Posts
O Rly?

zac said:
The OP specifically asked for threaded.

I'd suggest a reread of the 1st sentence of the OP on your part :thumbsup:

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Thanks CJ. That's about the best price I've seen. I clicked on your link & just bought some.

· Registered
12,593 Posts
I bought mine off of ebay. I got 60 cartridges at what I thought was a great price at the time (i.e., I cannot remember now, but did a decent amount of research before buying them), which should last me quite a while since I don't get flats all too often. Knock on wood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.