Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where I should be looking for used bikes at. I have been to craigslist for my area. Should I look at other areas? What are the best ones to look at? I am looking for a bike that is no more than $325. Not alot to spend to get into road biking.

Thanks, Scott

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,950 Posts
Check the bulletin boards and websites for your local bike shops. Also check websites for any local cycling clubs. Ebay also has always served me well for my used bike buying needs. RBR cflassifieds are always good too, but usually higher end bikes.

·
Banned
657 Posts
EBAY. I have bought several great bikes for half price: 1 yo Cannondale R3000, Trek 2300 CF/AL – both beyond perfect. Also Preowned Bikes for Titanium is good. Bought a mint Litespeed mtn there.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have met Paul several times.....

lonebikeroftheapocalypse said:
I stumbled on these guys while whiling away the hours at work. They seem to have some interesting stuff. Never bought anything from them though.
http://www.recycledcycles.net/
and can say that I would have no problem buying a used bike from him. His bikes are "as advertised", but he does not normally refurbish/rebuild them prior to selling. Just nice bikes in nice condition.

Should you live near Denver, don't forget Veloswap in late October. Absolutely the BEST collection of cheap used bikes and bike stuff in the country. Only a ONE day swap meet, but OMG is it fun!

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
A good bike shop would have used bikes for sale. However, since gas hit $3/gallon, people who otherwise would be happy driving everywhere have decided to go out and buy themselves a bike, and the selection of used bikes is now quite limited as a result.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.