Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

I may (if lucky) be moving to Austin in late summer/fall for a new job, and I've now made it far enough along the interview process that this may be a reality.

Where's the best place for me to start lookin' for information about the riding scene there? I'm a (non-racing) roadie, an XC MTB'r, and a fairly competent 'crosser.

Shop rides? Non-shop group rides? 'cross dork rides/skills gatherings? Teams looking for fit/fat guys?

Cheers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well good luck on getting the job! Austin is a great place to ride. There are three shops I like to go to that have many people in the scene working there. This is Bicycle Sport Shop, Nelo's, and Mellow Johnnie's. This will have plenty of people who know about lots of the different rides. There is also the Austin Cycling Association. They have several rides around town each weekend, and have a hosted ride program (guided rides). Join ACA and you get access to lots of good ride maps.

I have really been starting to get involved, and might start racing soon. I know more about the road rides and not so much other types of cycling. If you want to PM me I might be able to answer your questions little more specifically.

Monte

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.