Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know the best place to find a Garmin Edge 305 with HR & Cadence? A guy on eBay has them refurbished for $227 shipped. Sounds pretty tough to beat. Performance has them new for ~$295 (after the 20% coupon) and of course their 10% back, but that's $50 more than ebay.

Thanks in advance!

/edit: A search revealed many sources & leads. I'll continue down that path...

· Registered
8,413 Posts
Garmin sells the 305 in 4 different configurations. Here is the best deal I could find on the full bundle (w/heart rate strap and cadence/speed sensor)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BS4PZW/themusicso0b5189-20

When comparing, model # 010-00447-30 has the HRM strap and the cadence/speed sensor. # 010-00447-00 does NOT include the HRM strap or the cadense/speed sensor. You will spend $80+ if you decide to add those things at a later date.

· Registered
394 Posts
I bought my refurbished 305 w/ HR + cadence for just a hair under $205 shipped from ebay a couple of months ago. Seller was an authorized Garmin dealer (a key point if you want the warranty). I searched for a few days on ebay to get that deal.

· Registered
22 Posts
If you look around at various "deal" sites you will find a way to get 25% cash back on any "Buy it Now" ebay purchase using paypal for purchase up to $250 dollars.

I got my Garmin 305 brand new off ebay with in the deluxe package with all accessories for $215 (no tax and $8 shipping) along with 25% cash back bringing my total after cash back to $170

Can't beat that. I would explain the 25% off more but its a bit long winded. Check out fatwallet for more details as its totally legit.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/

· Registered
549 Posts
Hope you got an authorized dealer. Many on Ebay sell new and claim to be but just try to return and they start spilling stories about backordered parts, long waits from mfg, etc. That happened with me and a SRAM Force groupo.
It's always worth the extra few $$ to make sure you aren't getting gray market or unauthorized.
Good luck. I love my Edge 305.

· Registered
245 Posts
Thanks people! I did this and found someone selling the 705 for $405 shipped with the HR monitor. The deal worked out to be about $303 shipped! I ordered the cadence from Amazon for $35 shipped. So the package works out to be $338.

What is the map memory card anyway?

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SM-Rider said:
Thanks people! I did this and found someone selling the 705 for $405 shipped with the HR monitor. The deal worked out to be about $303 shipped! I ordered the cadence from Amazon for $35 shipped. So the package works out to be $338.

What is the map memory card anyway?
I just did the same deal.

Thanks guys!

· Booo-yaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
549 Posts
efenili said:
If you look around at various "deal" sites you will find a way to get 25% cash back on any "Buy it Now" ebay purchase using paypal for purchase up to $250 dollars.

I got my Garmin 305 brand new off ebay with in the deluxe package with all accessories for $215 (no tax and $8 shipping) along with 25% cash back bringing my total after cash back to $170

Can't beat that. I would explain the 25% off more but its a bit long winded. Check out fatwallet for more details as its totally legit.
My wife just did this for me and it worked great. Now just waiting for the refund
:D

· Booo-yaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
549 Posts
efenili said:

Has anyone got their 25% back yet? our heard anything about it?

· Registered
10 Posts
I researched the Live Search Cashback thing pretty thoroughly. It's definitely legit. I'm waiting on my $133 or so. I can see it in my livesearch account and it counts the days down until I can withdraw. They give you options, check, paypal, bank transfer, etc. The wait with eBay is 60 days, to make sure you don't purchase a product and then return it. Do It! I love my Garmin 705.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.