Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen any good deals on BMC bikes or frames? Seems like pretty much everyone is same price. I'm leaning towards an SL01.. had hoped there would be some clearance prices on the SLT01 when the SLC01 came out, but no such luck. I'd consider something like a Ridley Boreas instead... recommendations for a stiff, lightweight frame that not everyone has? I'm in a rural area and local shops only carry Trek, Giant & Specialized. I like BMC cause they look amazing and all reviews say they're nice & stiff. Local shop said they'd order an Orbea, so I've thought about the Lobular model... but it doesn't do the same for me as the BMC.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
You might be able to get a shop to give a discount on an older model (09) if they have them in stock. When I got mine, Comp Cyclist had a better price than anyone else.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was fortunate enough to find a slightly used '09 Race Master frame on eBay for $850, so deals can be found.

Patience was the key, but I understand that once a decision is made to buy, waiting can be VERY difficult.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.