Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
841 Posts
I think I paid a little less at Spicer Cycles (he built me a rear wheel around the ENO and a Velocity Escape tubular rim, and I don't know if I have an itemized bill, but I think the hub price was 129 or something).

· Registered
841 Posts
kannas said:
Do you have a weight for the ENO/escape/ rear wheel? And what spokes did you use?
Thanks
I didn't weigh it--it's a reasonably light rim. I went with 32 holes and Wheelsmith double butted spokes--you could use lighter (or heavier) ones if you want. He doesn't stock too many spoke options, or didn't seem to, but can order anything.

· tdiclub Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
found my answer "The advertised weight is 224 grams (135mm w/o bolts). That's plenty light."
from cyclingnew.com product/tech review
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/reviews/white_ind_eno_eccentric_hub

FYI record rear hub w/ QR: 316g
dura ace rear hub : 328g
overall weight is about 90-100g less. For me, that drops my Ambrosio F20, record, DT rev 32/3x from 1405g down to lucky 1313g
must have this, just waiting to hear back from spicer.

· Registered
838 Posts
tamu said:
bike parts are marked up about 100%.......

im seriously thinking of starting a bike company.. ordering parts and selling to certian people for only a small profit margin..
I can guarantee they are not marked up 100%, if they were I would be making alot more money. Most mail order places have the parts marked up between 15 to 35%.

· Registered
838 Posts
kannas said:
Ligero, who's the US dist for Ambrosio? Also what happend to ambrosio, they have seemed to fade away...
They are still around but they do not have much of any US representation. I have been getting them from a distributor that I also get Alex rims from. He does not carry the entire line but he does have most of the good rims, Excellight, F20, Excersion, ect.

· tdiclub Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ligero said:
They are still around but they do not have much of any US representation. I have been getting them from a distributor that I also get Alex rims from. He does not carry the entire line but he does have most of the good rims, Excellight, F20, Excersion, ect.
Ligero, what Alex dist may I ask you use? Seems that alot of people dist Alex, thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.