Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
And to be honest, they are cheaper than hubs of lesser quality.
As compared to what?

edit-- maybe Im reading this wrong. Are you saying the "quality" is cheaper, OR... that the hubs are cheaper cost wise that lesser quality hubs.. I personally think these hubs are pretty darn sweet.. Just curious if I'm missing a way nicer hub.

cheers.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
^^^^^
If you don't mind paying retail...

White Industries is dealer direct. They don't go through wholesalers. And to be honest, they are cheaper than hubs of lesser quality.
and how do you suggest not paying retail.
Whites direct prices are higher than most retail places.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
pigpen said:
and how do you suggest not paying retail.
Whites direct prices are higher than most retail places.
I don't pay retail for mine...:thumbsup: Even at retail, they aren't terribly expensive.

Seriously though, if you make friends with the LBS, or race for them, you get a discount. Mine lets me EP hubs from White...

And the answer to the cheaper than hubs of lesser quality should be an obvious one. People pay ridiculous amounts of $ for hubs that aren't any better or lighter than those from WI. And WI hubs are made right here in the USA...

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
Seriously though, if you make friends with the LBS, or race for them, you get a discount. Mine lets me EP hubs from White...
Abusing an EP program is probably not something to be bragging about on the internet. :nonod:

If you think they are so great, why don't you support the company by ordering direct and paying them full price? :rolleyes:

·
monkey with flamethrower
821 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
I don't pay retail for mine...:thumbsup: Even at retail, they aren't terribly expensive.

And the answer to the cheaper than hubs of lesser quality should be an obvious one. People pay ridiculous amounts of $ for hubs that aren't any better or lighter than those from WI. And WI hubs are made right here in the USA...
You're an ******* for doing such abusing such a program and then bragging about it on the internet. That shop should have its account suspended. Employee purchase programs are for employees and companies don't take to kindly to those programs being abused. If you want companies like White to stay in business then people have to pay full retail prices.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Rubber Lizard said:
You're an ******* for doing such abusing such a program and then bragging about it on the internet. That shop should have its account suspended. Employee purchase programs are for employees and companies don't take to kindly to those programs being abused. If you want companies like White to stay in business then people have to pay full retail prices.
Both of you tools immediately assume that I don't work at the shop I race for...

You know what assuming does now, don't you....?

The shop has sold about a dozen sets of handbuilt WI wheels off of mine that I EPd...
Get over yourselves...:rolleyes: :cryin: :ciappa:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
WI h2 front hubs are lighter than dt240s... c 95g v 110g (for radial! non radial is lighter)...

rear is a diff story... DT rear = c.220g... WI h2 shimano - 250ishg.. campy...25g more!

make sure the advice u give is accurate ! DT is narrower in the rear if u are a big unit sprinter u might not like that... if not, u may appreciate more even tensions b/w teh ds and nds... on the other hand dt is prolly a bit better if u are switching b/w campy and shimano... and the rear is lighter... up to u...

275-280g i feel is a bit too heavy for the money IMO for campy...

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
^^^^^
If you don't mind paying retail...
pigpen said:
and how do you suggest not paying retail(?)
backinthesaddle said:
I don't pay retail for mine... Even at retail, they aren't terribly expensive.

If you can't figure out how your comment was misconstrued, you should take a vow of silence until you get a clue.

Bragging about EP deals is lame, even if they are legit. Lets see, all I need to do to get a sweet deal on WI hubs is take a job that pays next to nothing. That will make sense the day that QBP starts carrying groceries and homes. :rolleyes:

How about telling us which shop it is you work and race for, smart guy? Credit where credit is due and all.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
PeanutButterBreath said:
If you can't figure out how your comment was misconstrued, you should take a vow of silence until you get a clue.

Bragging about EP deals is lame, even if they are legit. Lets see, all I need to do to get a sweet deal on WI hubs is take a job that pays next to nothing. That will make sense the day that QBP starts carrying groceries and homes. :rolleyes:

How about telling us which shop it is you work and race for, smart guy? Credit where credit is due and all.
A) Don't worry about how much $ I make or don't make...let's just say I have money in the bank...my house payment isn't an issue and I don't have any revovling debt...can you say the same? I don't even accept a check from the shop for the work I do...smartass! It all goes on account so I can get more bike stuff.
B)I'm sorry that you think EP deals are lame, that's your issue, not mine...BTW, I'm thinking of pulling down on a new Noah...on EP...
C)I don't feel the need to advertise the shop. Knowing how far your manties are wedged up your ass, you'd probably call them and WI to harass them...

Again, don't assume stupid sh*t...! This time, it's only making an ass out of you...now get back to your cubicle...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
650 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
A) Don't worry about how much $ I make or don't make...let's just say I have money in the bank...my house payment isn't an issue and I don't have any revovling debt...can you say the same? I don't even accept a check from the shop for the work I do...smartass! It all goes on account so I can get more bike stuff.
B)I'm sorry that you think EP deals are lame, that's your issue, not mine...BTW, I'm thinking of pulling down on a new Noah...on EP...
C)I don't feel the need to advertise the shop. Knowing how far your manties are wedged up your ass, you'd probably call them and WI to harass them...

Again, don't assume stupid sh*t...! This time, it's only making an ass out of you...now get back to your cubicle...:thumbsup:
I was under the impression that EP was meant for full time employees on the the shop's payroll. If you are in fact as financially secure as you say you are, I'm a little confused as to why you are abusing a privilege that you just (angrily) admitted not to need. If that is the case and you are not making up an elaborate story for us, then all you are doing is hurting legitimate, hard-working, small companies and the rest of the cycling world.

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
PigmyRacer said:
I was under the impression that EP was meant for full time employees on the the shop's payroll. If you are in fact as financially secure as you say you are, I'm a little confused as to why you are abusing a privilege that you just (angrily) admitted not to need. If that is the case and you are not making up an elaborate story for us, then all you are doing is hurting legitimate, hard-working, small companies and the rest of the cycling world.
Exactly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.