Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Best priced Ti frame?

Ok - so you guys convinced me to pass up a smoking deal on a Spez S-Works Roubaix in favor of Moots or Merlin. Now - where do I get the best price for a Moots or Merlin (or other high end maker) frame? Wrench Science is a bit cheaper than Speed Goat @$2900, but are there better deals out there?

Not that I have money burning a hole in my pocket, but I wouldn't mind finding my frame and then gradually getting the other components.

So let's hear who/where you get your Ti frames.....

·
Registered
627 Posts
Just to throw you a curveball check out Tommasini. They make awesome steel bikes and just did something crazy because of the economy. They cut the middleman... all bikes are now ordered directly through them and handmade in italy. The pricing is great. Im really hoping to get a techno from them or a moots compact next year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
lynskey

You should take a look at Lynskey too. I have a helix and it is an amazing bike. I feel confident when riding (especially going down hill fast) and it is almost as light as my previous carbon frame. I switched everything from my carbon frame onto the helix and I could not be happier. They often have great deals on their web site in the "lynskey loft". By the way I have nothing to do with the company.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The Lynsky made line for Planet X is a good deal. They are avail at Nashbar for $1000 frame only.

If I already didn't have my built Kapu and Klein frame on the stand, I'd get one of those Planet X frames. Two flavors: a race one and a more relaxed sportive model.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There are no good deals on Moots. The dealers are to sell at retail. You can find some good deals on used frames though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.